In the consumerist world of today, it is hard not to notice all the good and bad sides. Berlin-based art director, Tony Futura decided to give a sharp comment on the consumerism of the Western culture. By combining his love for graphic design and art, his graphics send a strong message to the observers.
After having graduated from the University of Applied Sciences in Potsdam, he started working for design agencies and developed his skills, and soon got to be a senior designer. He discovered his passion for visual arts back in early childhood when he painted graffiti. Four years ago he discovered Instagram and could not even imagine to have more than 144k followers and this helped having more people see his work and even having him being hired by Google for one of their projects (#limitlessme – Infinite Pencil).
Social media have definitely changed his life, but it had got more to do with his talent. See for yourselves Tony Futura’s visual comment on the consumerism culture of today.
Like this piece of art? Here’s more:
- Modern world caricature by illustrator Steve Cutts
- Satirical illustrations of this generation by Ajit Johnson
- Satirical logo design: Universal Unbranding
- Food logos with calorie count by Calorie Brands
- 25 black’n white optical illusions by Chema Madoz
Latest posts by Vesna Savić (see all)
- What’s going on with Stefano Marra - 18. June 2018.
- How to outsource web development projects successfully - 14. June 2018.
- Urban Legend: Chicago by photographer Viktor Jan [interview] - 5. June 2018.