Maentis is a group of artists from Paris who create satirical illustrations of famous brands’ logos. Besides graphic design, they do street art and illustration. They care about the environment, anthropology, pop culture, and fantasy.
Their most famous project of this art collective is called “Universal Unbranding”. The basic idea behind it is pointing out the things that matter: freedom of speech, environment, animal protection, caring about people, pacifism, etc. Other great projects include: 99 Steps of Progress, Animatorgy, The Six Commandments, Google Are You Serious?, Street Fart, etc.
Universal Unbranding by Maentis
Faith: Apple as God
Ready-to-succeed: Dare to try and assemble IKEA logo
(Fighting for) Peace and War
The Ultimate Green Solution: People are the planet’s garbage
Rolling Stones – North Korea Tour
The Greek Collapse: EU in crisis
Chernobyl: Radioactive plants
Angry BP: birds angry because of oil spill
Child Labour: Nike
Monster in the toilet: Pacman’s revenge on people
There Is Never Enough: Gillette keeps adding blades
Are You Boring? Windows logo mockery
Red Bison: Red Bull
Barack Obama: the 44th president of USA
Citius, Altius, Fortius: What drives the Olympic Games’ records?
McDonald’s helps you fit in XXXL clothes
Watch the Universal Unbranding Teaser video:
Source: Web Designer Depot
Like this? See more:
- Brand design: 3d inflatable artworks by Vinicius Araujo
- Logos comprised of words with hidden meanings
- Things to do before designing a logo
- The magnificent world of illustrator Ryan Putnam
- 15 free brand identity mock-ups
Latest posts by Vesna Savić (see all)
- Childhood dreams come true in Tang Yau Hoong’s illustrations - 27. August 2018.
- Post-GDPR web and how to survive it - 23. August 2018.
- Spirits label design inspiration - 20. August 2018.