Color and lines are the basic elements of every design piece. These two are, in fact, the credo of illustrator and designer, James Oconnell.
This Manchester-based thinker, speaker, and creative director – who works under the moniker jamesp0p by night – has crafted minimalist branding solutions for Manchester Airport, BBC, Nike, Timeout, New Balance, Anyforty, and lots more.
Oconnell says that his illustration style is based on simple Color and Lines – followed by his unique fingerprint – which help his ideas come to life no matter where he is or what he is doing at that moment. He mostly finds inspiration in books, films, and music he had been in touch with in the past, and believes that less is always more when it comes to the creative process.
Color and Lines by James Oconnell
If you know designers, photographers or artists whose work you admire and want us to include on our blog, feel free to tell us about them at email@example.com
Like this? See more:
- Funny graphic puns by PunnyPixels
- 25 black ‘n white optical illusions by Chema Madoz
- Satirical logo design: Universal Unbranding project by Maentis
- Brand design: 3d inflatable artworks by Vinicius Araujo
- How to become an art director?
- A short history of flat design