Digital photo manipulation is considered an art form of itself. It originated in the 1920s with the aim of resolving contradictory conditions of dream and reality. Certainly, the most famous surrealistic paintings are Salvador Dali’s.
However, with the development of graphic design and other forms of digital arts, photo manipulations have become a popular way of artistic expression, having so many designers doing them.
Popular website Abduzeedo made a selection of 19 surreal photo manipulations of unknown artists.
Which one do you prefer?
Like these manipulations? View more:
- Photo manipulation by two talented Ukrainian designers
- Digital manipulation by 3d architect Victor Enrich
- Digital tools by Luis de la Barrera-Montenegro
- Digital paintings by Cyril Rolando (Aquasixio)
- Destroyed collages by Raphael Vicenzi (My Dead Pony)
Latest posts by Vesna Savić (see all)
- Childhood dreams come true in Tang Yau Hoong’s illustrations - 27. August 2018.
- Post-GDPR web and how to survive it - 23. August 2018.
- Spirits label design inspiration - 20. August 2018.