Stefano Marra is a gifted graphic designer and illustrator from Southern Italy. Ever since his childhood he loved to draw – he started copying Popeye and Donald Duck illustrations from VHS and dreamed of becoming an animator.
Feeling that there was always a story to tell, his passion took him to art school in Eboli, his hometown, and later on to School of Design in Vietri Sul Mare, near Salerno. During his career, he collaborated with many famous clients, including Il sole 24 ore, Wired UK, The Wall Street Journal, NBA Italy, Fast Company, Datum, Cromos, Loescher editore, and many other.
What makes Marra’s drawing style so distinct is that he tries to make the work as simple as possible. He often seeks inspiration in art and the artists he loves, but ideas usually come from other sources.
In this article, we present you two of his projects: What’s going on – a personal series of illustrations in which he explores a new illustration style (the title is a Marvin Gaye tribute), and Horror Stories – a personal book cover design for Edgar Allan Poe’s four horror stories.
What’s going on
Like this project? Here are some more interesting illustrators:
- Game of Thrones character illustrations by Ramon Nunez
- Illustrations by Guillaume Kurkdjian
- Flat illustrations by Maria Suarez-Inclan
Latest posts by Vesna Savić (see all)
- Childhood dreams come true in Tang Yau Hoong’s illustrations - 27. August 2018.
- Post-GDPR web and how to survive it - 23. August 2018.
- Spirits label design inspiration - 20. August 2018.