Imagine a combination of low-budget spaghetti westerns and Pixar cartoons, such as Toy Story. What world would it be set in and what stories would we be able to see? In fact, such a story has been at the center of attention of an American illustrator, Ástor Alexander.
Ástor Alexander is a San Diego-based illustrator and painter whose main body of work focuses on the combination of digital art and painting. In this series he presents us his project “Toy Story: The Spaghetti Western” in which Toy Story star Buzz Lightyear, voiced by Tim Allen, is presented as Clint Eastwood of “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” so we get a new character of ‘Tim Eastwood’, whereas Sheriff Woody, voiced by Tom Hanks, now becomes ‘Tom Stewart’, after the famous western actor James Stewart.
See who else was depicted in this ludicrous series ingeniously designed by Astor Alexander.
Like this artist? Here are some more:
- Pop culture portrait by Wojciech Zasina
- Modern world by Marco Melgrati
- Pop Art meets op art by Malika Favre
Latest posts by Vesna Savić (see all)
- Childhood dreams come true in Tang Yau Hoong’s illustrations - 27. August 2018.
- Post-GDPR web and how to survive it - 23. August 2018.
- Spirits label design inspiration - 20. August 2018.