Dave Mottram is an art director and illustrator from Youngstown, Ohio whose best work includes character illustration. He started drawing everything at the tender age of 2.
At age 5, he used grocery bags for drawing when he ran out of paper and at 8, he won Seaworld art contest and met Shamu. At this age, he also got glasses but only until 10 did he got adjusted to them and even started drawing his first comic strip.
By age 20, he saved some money working at a grocery store (and drawing customers on lunch breaks) so he went to college to study design. By 30, he has worked for 3 design agencies as a Designer, and later Senior Designer, so he started considering freelance.
Dave Mottram is now over 40, has a 4-year-old daughter who helps him in learning to draw, and the circle thus continues.
Dave Mottram’s illustrations that take you back to childhood
A wish awaits
Little red panda
A few cuts left
Never say die
The scarfed owl
The dawn trader
Walking into 2017
Like this designer? See other professionals in the industry:
- Playful character illustrations of Marco Martina
- James Gilleard’s illustrations [interview]
- Saturday toons going flat
- Illustrations of Victor Beuren
- Isometric illustrations by Coen Pohl
- Satirical illustrations of This Generation by Ajit Johnson
Latest posts by Vesna Savić (see all)
- What’s going on with Stefano Marra - 18. June 2018.
- How to outsource web development projects successfully - 14. June 2018.
- Urban Legend: Chicago by photographer Viktor Jan [interview] - 5. June 2018.